Saturday, June 21, 2008

Where in the World is Parker?

Guess where I am right now?

Sitting in my awesome hotel room in Tampa, Florida.

That's right, Florida!

Apparently the Tampa Bay Rays have seen my work and thought I was worthy of coming to their mascot, Raymond's, Birthday Party. The party is on Sunday, June 22nd, so I have all day today to spend in Tampa.

So why am I plogging on my off day in Florida?.....IT'S RAINING and I can't go outside and play!

Also, it was a late night last night.....HAHAHA

Here are a few of the highlights from my trip so far....
  • Raymond picked me up in the Ray's custom Hummer from the Airport and took me to the hotel to drop off my bags.
  • We met up with Ace, the Blue Jays mascot and headed over to Tropicana Field to catch the Rays play the Astros
  • Houston won the game 4-3, I think.
  • It was weird seeing a game in a dome and even weirder was everyone was hitting cowbells all game long.
  • Highlight of the night was seeing a skinny Ray's fan nearly get in a fight with a big, husky Red Sox fan...it was oddly amusing.
  • After the game we headed back to the Airport in the Hummer to pick up Lou Seal of the Giants.
  • Late last night, realizing we were in the South, Lou Seal, Ace, Raymond and myself decided to hit up a Waffle House. UMMMMMMM....Waffle House.
Going to another game tonight, so it should be fun. I hope to post some pics soon.

Also, I almost forgot, I went to Sacramento on Thursday night and showed Dinger and the Rivercats how a true mascot really works!

Dinger, the worst mascot in Minor League Baseball.

Keeping it real in FLA.

--Parker

No comments: