Thursday, May 22, 2008

Turn the Lights on Please

What a weird day yesterday was.

If you hadn't heard, at 7:00, 5 minutes before the first pitch of the Grizz vs. Salt Lake Bees, the power went out at The Chuk. It was surreal, no music, no lights, nothing.

Being the master performer that I am, I took the field and still put on a show for the ages. I'd like to see any other mascot entertain fans for 45 minutes with no sound!

Here is a brief rundown of the 45 minute No Power Party...

  • The lights in my office went off as I was walking in the door.
  • Grizzlies Manager Dan Rohn yelled at me for trying to start the game anyway (Sorry Dude!)
  • The Umpires didn't find my antics funny.
  • Salt Lake's players tripped me over during a little pepper action
  • Justin Leone kept running his mouth at me during our game of Pepper, then hit a ball at my head
  • I stole KMPH's camera and started filming the fans
  • Visited the fans who were waiting for the game to start

Anyway, let's hope the power stays on tonight.

Parker Out.

No comments: